Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wolfe Island Wind Turbines > Thousand Islands Life Magazine > Thousand Islands Life Magazine All Archives

Wolfe Island Wind Turbines > Thousand Islands Life Magazine > Thousand Islands Life Magazine All Archives
Written by Susan W. Smith posted on May 12, 2009 16:49



The following was received in mid-April:


Dear Susan,

I love your online magazine and appreciate all the wonderful work that you are doing for those of us who love the area; thank you for carrying on Paul Malo's work. I have lived in New York my whole life, have spent summers in the islands since 1964, and have owned a house on Dodge Bay in Cape Vincent since 1996.

I feel that a curse has been put on the islands, and it has so colored my feelings for the area that I feel ill. As I'm close to Cape Vincent, the threat of the wind turbines continues to hang, literally, over my head. I wonder that the "thousand islands life" has not taken on this cause. The beauty of the islands and the history of the area has always been a large part of your magazine; have I missed your response to the threat to this irreversible change to our beauty?

 

Continue reading via title link

No comments: