Friday, December 26, 2008

Open wind committee meetings to public ~ Letter

Open wind committee meetings to public
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2008

As someone who's attended most of Clayton's town board meetings for a couple of years, I'd like to comment on public participation rules and the wind committee.

I agree there's need for a public meeting format that facilitates normal town business, while giving the public opportunities to speak on agenda items and/or anything else. After reading the written rules and some conversations, I see nothing that prohibits me from speaking to the board on any issue, alleviating my initial reservations. The time limits are short but seem flexible. Thus, the rules appear fair enough, and the format might benefit public participation.

 Continue
 Open wind committee meetings to public

No comments: